Phillip Wood was found deceased last week in Nevada.
NAVARRE — The search for a missing Navarre man, 46-year-old Phillip Wood, ended last week.
According to a report from Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office, a detective with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office in Nevada contacted SRSO to notify the agency that Wood was found deceased Aug. 2.
He was originally from Arizona, according to the report.
Wood was reported missing on July 16 after his wife, Julia, called SRSO when she could not reach him all morning. She told deputies that she woke that morning around 4:45 a.m. and found her husband in the living room of their Navarre home complaining he didn’t feel well and couldn’t sleep. Julia went back to bed. When she woke up again at 7:30 a.m., she discovered her husband was gone along with his vehicle.
Julia tried to call her husband’s phone, but it had been turned off. Friends and family tried to help locate Wood by checking several locations with no results. Julia told deputies that Wood had complained of not feeling well in the past few weeks and he appeared very depressed, but Wood denied being depressed. It was the first time he had ever gone missing, the report said.
Wood was entered into the Florida Crime Information Center and the National Crime Information Center. A regional “be on the lookout” was also sent out.
A crowdfunding page on YouCaring.com raised more than $3,000 to help the family with the search. Community members are continuing to raise funds for the family via PayPal at paypal.me/jhopetrenthamwood.